You can suffer extreme pain when you have a toothache. When it occurs; you most probably want to know how to stop a toothache as fast as possible. A tooth that hurts affects your whole body, and sometimes it is so severe that it prevents you from doing anything. Determining the cause of the toothache will help in its successful treatment.
Here are some suggestions on how to stop tooth pain before it becomes severe.
• When you feel the first bouts of pain, a painkiller will stop the pain quickly. If you do not want therapeutic medication, then you can apply toothache drops directly for fast relief.
• Avoid very cold and hot temperatures as these may exacerbate the pain. Instead, gargle lukewarm water for how to stop toothache. A mouthwash can help in eliminating bacteria that may continue to infect the tooth.
• Topical anesthetics can relieve your pain within a few minutes. You may want to visit your dentist if the pain returns. It could indicate something wrong with your teeth or gums, so it’s best to treat the root cause of your toothache properly.
• You can stop toothache by utilizing home remedies like garlic paste. Simply place it on and around the affected tooth. If it proves ineffective, then you can always opt for drug therapy.
• Natural remedies to stop toothache pain can be a valid method if you have easy accessibility to them. Some toothache remedies include yarrow, cranberries, and the like. Make sure that you are using the correct natural remedy.
• One way how to stop a toothache and prevent future problems is to simply brush and floss properly, taking care not to brush directly on the affected tooth, but rather using your tongue to spread the toothpaste. Most toothpaste has antibacterial properties that clean your mouth of microorganisms, like Staphylococcus aureus, and prevent bacterial infection.
• You can use creams applied externally on your cheek to stop toothache pain. They can stop the pain quickly in most cases…but if it does not work, you will have to use solutions that can be applied directly to the tooth.
These modes of how to stop a toothache can prove effective if you utilize them properly. Be a smart user and choose those that can stop toothache quickly, safely and effectively.