When you have tooth pain, there are so many ways how to get rid of a toothache without having to visit the dentist. You can take pain relieving medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and paracetamol. You can also treat your toothache with ingredients that provide natural relief.
It has been said that pain is a way for your body to tell you that something is wrong. With regard to toothaches, there are four common causes:
• The first is tooth decay. This can happen anywhere on the surface of your teeth, but it is most common on the chewing surfaces of the teeth, near the gums and in between the teeth. This is caused by eating too much sugar that produces acids in your mouth that eats into the tooth enamel.
• You can also experience pain in your mouth when you have an infected tooth. When pus collects in the center of a tooth due to an infection, it affects the root and the bones supporting the tooth. The tissues of the tooth may also start to swell, and this causes a toothache.
• If you have a tooth that failed to emerge fully through the gums, that can also lead to pain in your mouth. This is what is called an impacted tooth.
• The fourth common cause of toothaches is gingivitis. This is also referred to as gum disease. It is marked by bleeding when bacteria in plaque that forms on your teeth causes gum inflammation. Gingivitis often occurs when you don’t brush and floss your teeth properly. This allows plaque and bacteria to build up on your teeth and gums, leading to gum disease.
How to get rid of toothache
- The best way to prevent a toothache from happening is to practice consistent oral hygiene. You should try brush and floss particles of food away from your teeth after every meal. You can also gargle with mouthwash or warm water with salt to clean your teeth further. This toothache treatment also helps relieve the pain.
- Chewing on a piece of ginger for half an hour is another way how to get rid of tooth pain. The juice that the ginger releases helps soothe the pain and inflammation in your gums.
- Another way to free yourself from tooth pain is to soak a cotton ball in 100% proof whiskey and place it on your tooth.
There are many how to get rid of a toothache; not only are they natural, but really easy too. The ones that were most effective for many toothache sufferers (including myself) can be found in Diane Puttman’s 12 Hour Toothache Cure. Try them. They may just work for you too.